Thursday, February 11, 2010

Women of Faith

Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity.

I wish I was capable of expressing my immense gratitude for the beautiful, faithful, and courageous women in my life. I feel I have been abundantly blessed to learn closely from some of the choicest of women, and tonight I am feeling the weight of that blessing. It's beautiful. I regret missed opportunities, and hope to be prepared to take all that lie ahead to observe, learn, and grow. I am grateful for women who teach by example, who have loved me unconditionally, and who have always believed in me. There are too many to name; my mother, grandmothers, aunts, and friends (of ALL ages!!) Those I am thinking of inspire me in such unique ways that I am convinced I could never be whole without each one.

THANK YOU to the women in my life. The loving, the independent, the faithful, the hopeful...

I love you all.