Friday, February 19, 2010

Mr. Streptococcus Aureus, my old friend

When I woke up Tuesday morning with a sore throat and feeling that I may have just been hit by a Mack truck, I was optimistic that some vitamin C and a couple movies would cure me.

Wednesday though, I had the feeling that a more intrusive visitor had come to say hello after a prolonged absence, but I wasn't ready to throw out the welcome mat and welcome him with open arms.

Thursday morning, it was no use, he demanded my attention and care. So needy. We made a visit to the health clinic and the doc confirmed...strep throat. This is the real deal.

So, I've admitted his presence and we have been getting along fine. Movies, smoothies, and a good dose of antibiotics and I think we're doing quite well, though he's getting the hint that he's beginning to overstay his welcome. Should be out soon!

No comments: