Sunday, September 2, 2012

no hands


At least I did it before I turn 30, I get some credit for that right? I have never in my life learned how to ride a bike with no hands. The reason being that I am the biggest wuss you will ever meet and am terrified of getting hurt. I'm not athletic, I hate having the ball, I don't do well with team sports...all because I'm a big sissy! Same goes for no hands. When I was little my dad and I used to go on bike rides all the time. He'd do no hands but no matter what he said I'd never try it. Jamey and I went for a ride on the Alum Creek Trail and it was gorgeous and quiet and there was grass on both sides and I was wearing my helmet, seemed like I wasn't going to get a better opportunity. Jamey was a good coach and by the end I was able to balance, ride, pedal, and steer all with no hands!! I was seriously giddy and sounded like a 4 year old screaming to Jamey, "Look at me!" One demon down. Next summer maybe I'll learn how to dive.

3 comments:

alysonrobinett said...

This is cute. Congrats on your victory!! :)

lauren said...

hahaha! cam just learned this year too! i was shocked that he'd never done it before and he said, "are you kidding me? look at me. this is a big guy going down. i'm bound to get hurt!" hahaha! congrats to you both :)

lauren said...

This is Cameron... I didn't learn how to go no-hands this year. I did it all the time as a kid, stopped riding bikes for a long time, and now that I have somewhat started again I am scared now. I guess that riding with no hands doesn't come back to you like "riding a bike" does. Diving... never did it til a 2-3 years ago. As I was learning, I told Lauren as I was stalling on the diving board, "I feel like I look like an idiot" and she replied "don't worry, nobody's watching." Just as she said it, her brother pops his head out of the door (didn't know he was there) and yells, "Come on, Cam, just do it!" Nobody's watching... sure...