Sunday, September 30, 2012

another post about cornhole

It's hard to convey the Midwest's fetish and love for Cornhole, but maybe you're beginning to understand since this is not my first post about the game. We love it. And the fact that I can say that I love it too is sayin something. For Jamey's birthday, I was pretty sure I rocked as a wife. Back in April I had the brilliant idea to get Jamey his own set of cornhole boards. April!  That's 3 months in advance! And so I made all the preparations, found some great instructions online, Jeff cut the circle out of the middle for me with a special saw, and my mom drove them out from Vegas when she and the girls roadtripped to DC. It was brilliant. And then as the weather warmed up and we were outside more and playing weekly with our friends, Jamey decided he wanted a set. And he kept asking and hinting and begging and going on and on about how that's what he wanted for his birthday. My gut reaction was to bag the whole idea because I was ticked that I'd thought of it first and now he thought it was his grand idea. But I didn't do that. I just kept it away from the rest of his presents and it was the last thing he opened that night a little before midnight. And he loved it. And now I'm finally sharing. I made the beanbags, he made the boards, and his sister Shelby made us the sweet decals when we visited for Shark Week. 




4 comments:

shel7by said...

That Ohio looks like chick fila. Yummy.

Rachelle said...

I dont really like the name "corn hole"

Rachelle said...

I dont really like the name "corn hole"

lynne said...

they turned out so good!!! i want mine made :} I love the decals that your sister in law made for you...perfect, and your bean bags look really good to. you guys have so much fun....