Friday, April 27, 2012

Cornhole??

I know. That's what I thought the first time I heard about it too. Huh? What? Turns out it is very popular around this part of the US. I don't know how far the fetish reaches since I never heard about it in all my time in western NY, but here it's HUGE. The first time I played was at an assisted living home. A group of classmates and I were assigned to go hang with the coolest Seniors for 2 quarters last year. We never had such a turnout as the day we brought in 2 cornhole sets! It was hilarious how into it they got. While not a super great pic, it's the only documentation I have of my initiation. I felt like a real Ohioian that day.


Since then, I've been to a couple Cornhole Tournaments. Sounds like it should be all fun and games but people actually take it pretty darn seriously. Poor Jamey. He's always my partner so he never really stands a chance. It's like playing horseshoes with beanbags. That's the only way I know to describe it. Our most recent adventure was a "friendly get-together". We made some pretty sweet team shirts and made it a couple rounds before being ousted from the bracket. 


 

1 comment:

bunkbuddies said...

I love that game! It's great to play on the beach. That's where I was introduced to it by some North Carolina natives.