Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!!

June 18th is my Mom's birthday...unfortunately I will be in the Grand  Canyon instead of celebrating with her. So anyone reading this that has her number, give her a call & sing her your favorite version of Happy Birthday (the more off-key the better!)

My mom is my best friend. I would be lost in this world without her. When I was a little girl I would lock myself in her bedroom & kneel down & pray so hard that when I got to be a big girl I would be just like her. Now I laugh when I look in the mirror & we're standing the same way when we brush our teeth, that we both spell out words in our minds while people are talking to us, & we both sing ourselves to sleep. My mom has sacrificed everything for my brother & me & counted it a blessing. She's a modern day hero.


Happy Birthday. Love you more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Peggy! Miss you tons!

Rachelle said...

That totally made me cry!