Thursday, January 31, 2013

it's the little things


I had to drop Jamey off at school a little after 6 this morning. He woke me up and I stumbled down the stairs into my coat and went on autopilot as I drove to the hospital. When we were near our exit I finally was becoming aware of my surroundings and looked at the speedometer. I was going 5+ under the speed limit. I was shocked and told Jamey. He just laughed and said I'd even been going slow in the 35 zone and cars were speeding past us. And that's when I knew. He really loves me. He didn't say anything, didn't nag, didn't yell at me to go faster, he just laughed to himself and let me go on existing in my content stupor. I don't know that I'd have the same restraint if the roles were reversed. I love Jamey so much. He is perfect for me in so many ways and I am so grateful he is mine.

No comments: