Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The one downside to warmer weather

This is just another reason Jamey & I are great together. We both hate shaving.

I was not one of those teenage girls that couldn't wait to start shaving in middle school and snuck behind her mom's back with a razor (though I did sneak the mascara a couple of times and ended up with some awesome black eyes). The summer before 8th grade, my cousin Amanda convinced me that whether or not I liked it, I had to do it. BUT WHY??? They're blonde! But she didn't care. And so I did.  Luckily I'm not a hairy beast so I can go awhile before it becomes noticeable. They are still soft and blonde. My roommates called me The Hairless Wonder. Usually, I don't shave all winter (my little legs are always in pants or tights- no point) On my mission, I went the entire 1st YEAR without shaving. I would've gone longer but Day wanted to witness the event so it was my gift to her. I mean, I like the feel of shaved legs, but how do people shave EVERY MORNING??? I don't even shower that often so forget about getting me to shave!

And Jamey looks good with some (or more) facial hair. A lot of my friends are decidedly opposed to facial hair on men, and ya...some guys just can't do it and that's fine. But Jamey looks good. Mmmhmm.

6 comments:

Ashley Arnold said...

I'm fiercly jealous of the Hairless Wonder. :)

Haylie said...

Ha ha ha this totally brought back memories of the mission!

Laura Day said...

While reading your blog I was thinking "Oh ya, she could go forever without shaving! Even without the tights on, no one could tell that she hadn't shaved for a whole year!" I feel very blessed and privleged that I witnessed the 'shaving'. You are truly blessed with those awesome leg hairs. Love ya!!!!

john and bre said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
john and bre said...

like ashley...jealous.

Whim Wham Life said...

Haha! I WISH I didn't have to shave very often. Darn dark hair. BUT when I lived in Africa I didn't shave at all. It was glorious. No one cared because the women don't shave there, and you have to cover your legs anyway. Darn America:-) xoxo