Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Happy Birthday

April 6th is a special day for Mormons. It is the day our Church was founded in 1830. And, since this is where I served my mission, giving tours of the historical sites where the sacred events occurred, it's extra special to me. This is the Whitmer Farm, the hidden treasure of the Sites. It's a 40 minute drive out from Palmyra but so worth it. It's a little more serene and peaceful (at least for the missionaries!) and amazing things happened here. I'm looking forward to visiting again this summer. I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints



Today's also an early Happy Birthday to my Laura lady. Her birthday is actually May 6th, not April 6th, but the 1st year we were friends I could never remember it and always thought it was today and she'd get so mad at me! Now it's funny.

1 comment:

Ashley Arnold said...

What a DARLING picture of you two!