Thursday, January 28, 2010

State of the Union Address

Article II, Sec. 3, of the U.S. Constitution requires that, "The President shall from time to time give to Congress information of the State of the Union and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient."

Tonight, I watched history happen. I'll admit I was sitting in great anticipation for President Obama's 1st State of the Union Address. I loved the setting. Following dinner, 4 of us sat down together with the express purpose of hearing our President address Congress and the American people with his views on where we are as a nation and where he would like to see our efforts focused. All of us college students, learning and forming opinions on our own, and discussing the speech as it unfolded. I am so grateful for this moment in my life.

My roommate, Ashley, sat during the speech creating her blog post. It has much of what we discussed and so I would like to direct you all there for our opinions.


I would love to hear what you thought as well.

No comments: